Advertisement

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

What's Hot in Revit Add-ons for June 2015

Chant it with me: Dyn-a-mo! Dyn-a-mo! DYN-A-MO!

My post last month on using Dynamo to automate the "I" in BIM generated a lot of heat. Since the post, I've continued to see more and more tweets highlighting practical uses of Dynamo in Revit, and today I updated the post with some of those recent tweets. Check it out here.

The free Excel Export/Import add-in from BIM One and a video demo of Enscape, the instant 3D rendered walkthrough add-in, rounded out the burners for June.



I first saw an example of Dynamo being used to manage BIM information when I posted about the BIM Troublemaker using Dynamo to link Revit with Excel. Lately, I’ve noticed a groundswell of other practical applications of Dynamo as evidenced by the following tweets, several of which come from a post on What Revit Wants.


Free Excel Export/Import Add-in for Revit
"The Import/export Excel allows you to synchronize data back and forth between Revit and Excel. It also means you can alleviate the data management process by delegating tasks related to the model to team members that don’t use the model. You can export schedules as well as Revit standards to manage them in Excel. Once modified, you import the data back to Revit and your schedules or standards are going to be updated."


Full post »

Video Demo of Enscape in Action – Real-Time 3D Rendered Walkthrough for Revit
I previously posted about Enscape, the real-time 3D rendered walkthrough add-in for Revit projects. Here's a nice demo video of the application in action.



Full post »

Related: Other "What's Hot" posts.

No comments: